Volunteering as a General Adviser
Could a volunteer role with our Generalist Advice team be for you?
The team’s goal is to advise and support clients to take independent action.
What will you do?
- Talk to clients over the phone, face to face, or online to explore what problems they’ve come for help with
- Find out about the clients’ problems and help them understand their options
- Support clients to take action to solve their problems
What’s in it for you?
- Improve my employment prospects
- Give something back to the community and be part of something
- Improve personal skills & experience
- And we’ll reimburse travel expenses incurred too.
What abilities do you need?
- Be friendly and approachable
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have good IT skills
- Be willing to learn about, and follow, the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies
How much time do you need to give?
2 days per week (9.30 am – 4.00 pm) for at least 6 months. For the first 12 weeks this will be focussed on training.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and nonbinary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
What are the next steps?
If you are interested in becoming a generalist adviser volunteer then click the button below for information on how to apply.