Citizens Advice Halton is an independent and impartial charity here to help people to overcome their problems and to come together to campaign on the big issues when their voices need to be heard.
We offer wide ranging help across subjects that include the management of debt, problems with housing and rent, relationship issues, problems at work and consumer rights.
We also offer advocacy & representation services and help people to access grants and other support they need to solve their problems.
Donate and help us to keep giving advice for free
We are a registered charity and our service is FREE to anyone who needs advice but without the generous support of people like you, we couldn't continue to do the work we do.
* Every £5 will help us to deal with a problem over the phone
* Every £10 will help us advise someone face-to-face
* Every £20 will help us buy a law book
* Every £50 will help us run a training session for our volunteers
Volunteer with us
Our volunteers benefit from their experience of working with us. Retired volunteers believe it keeps them mentally active and nine in ten unemployed volunteers say it helps them move into employment or education.
Volunteers make our work possible. The work is both rewarding and fun. Could you join them?
To find out about our local volunteering opportunities, select our menu link above or email us.
What we’re saying
- MP thanks hard working volunteer team at Citizens Advice Halton. August 18, 2017
- New help for tenants worried about their fire safety August 12, 2017
- Citizens Advice Halton responds to Supreme Court ruling on Employment Tribunal fees were unlawful August 8, 2017
- Citizens Advice Halton calls for government to fix Universal Credit as problems pushing many into debt July 7, 2017
- Citizens Advice Halton is urging people to act on scams July 6, 2017