Citizens Advice Halton
Citizens Advice Halton is an independent and impartial charity here to help people to overcome their problems and to come together to campaign on the big issues when their voices need to be heard.
We offer wide ranging help across subjects that include the management of debt, problems with housing and rent, relationship issues, problems at work and consumer rights.
We also offer advocacy & representation services and help people to access grants and other support they need to solve their problems.
Get help applying for Universal Credit
Our Help to Claim service can support you in the early stages of your Universal Credit claim, from the application, through to your first payment.
Help to Claim is a dedicated service from Citizens Advice. It’s free, independent and confidential. Our trained advisers can help with things like how to gather evidence for your application or how to prepare for your work coach appointment.
Call us for free:
For online advice visit: Help to Claim
If you’re a local organisation working with people who need to help applying Universal Credit get in touch with us at email@example.com for more information on how you can signpost or refer people to our service.
Volunteer with us
Our volunteers benefit from their experience of working with us. Retired volunteers believe it keeps them mentally active and nine in ten unemployed volunteers say it helps them move into employment or education.
Volunteers make our work possible. The work is both rewarding and fun. Could you join them?
To find out about our local volunteering opportunities, click below or email us.
What we’re saying
- Citizens Advice Halton is braced for the busiest time of the year for debt advice. February 6, 2020
- Citizens Advice Halton has launched a new project – Directions January 14, 2020
- Citizens Advice volunteers celebrate landing jobs. June 7, 2019
- Be part of the next 80 years of volunteering at Citizens Advice Halton June 4, 2019
- Budget Better with Citizens Advice Halton’s 12 Tips for Christmas December 5, 2018