Could a Volunteer role with our Trustee Team be for you?
The team’s goal is to help guide and govern their local Citizens Advice.
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee then click the buttons below to download the Trustee Recruitment Pack & Application Form.
What will you do?
- Help to ensure high quality services are delivered
- Use your skills to help lead the organisation to make sure it is financially sustainable
- Promoting the service locally and complies with the law around insurance, recruitment and premises
- Work with the chief executive and other staff to shape strategy and give direction
What’s in it for you?
- Strategy and leadership skills
- Increased employability
- Positive community impact
- Improve personal skills & experience
- And we’ll reimburse travel expenses incurred too.
What abilities do you need?
- Be friendly and approachable
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have good IT skills
- Be willing to learn about, and follow, the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies
How much time do you need to give?
The trustees usually meet around 6 times per year in the evening although you may need to work on key projects over the year which involve more time.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and nonbinary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
What are the next steps?
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee then click the buttons below to download the Trustee Recruitment Pack & Applications Form.